Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rice Soup

I will admit that the rice soup mixture looks a lot more appetizing the day its made. This soup has been hanging out in our kitchen for three or four days. My roommate makes it at least once a week. It is soup, rice, a little pit of tomatoes and green peppers, and potatoes. She sprinkles some magic seasoning in it as well. I think the magic seasoning is chicken flavoring. But I'm not a hundered percent. She showed me how to make it once... that was an adventure. To try to be fair to the roommate, I'll post a picture of the soup the day its made as soon as I can.

I'm without a doubt certain that if I had just gotten here, I'd probably hate the soup/rice. But since I've become a little more accustomed to the food of El Salvador, I like the soup. And when its fresh? First day soup? Delicious. Today I had it for lunch. For the third day in a row. I liked it a little bit less today and it looked a lot less appetizing.

None the less, I'm a thrilled to have a roommate that cooks and is willing to share her secret El Sal reciepes with me.

Earlier this week, she made flan and it was wonderful.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment