Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pollo Campero

Tonight, I went with my good friend Erin to eat at Pollo Campero. Literally translated- Country Chicken. This chicken is probably some of the best fried chicken in the world. Its a little greasy and probably not healthy at all, but people love this chicken so much that they will literally buy bags of it, take it on a plane, and fly it home (to wherever their home may be). I'm not super comfortable with chicken thats been sitting out through the duration of a long plane trip, but for Pollo? I can see how people jump to the conclusion that flying fried chicken home is not only a good idea, but a necessity.

I got the Menu Campero. This includes two pieces of fried chicken, fries, and a soda. Erin ordered up a torta and a soda. The torta is more or less a chicken sandwich... but with beans, mayonaise, Guatamala (my new word for guacamole), tomatoes, lettuce, and a very small chicken patty. You basically have to tear all of the bread away to find the chicken, which is exactly what Erin did. Oh i should have got a picture of that. Picture a plate with a bunch of bread and a sad little piece of chicken. Great, now you know.

Also, I read an article the other day that a kid stapped his step-dad over a chicken patty. I completely dont understand that. Its not like it was Pollo Campero. It was probably just a chicken patty from the local freezer section. Not that I'm condoning violence over Pollo Campero.... but....


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment