Saturday, February 26, 2011

Carambola

 Yesterday, I went to La Teja. I go there a lot and they have a wide variety of food so you'll see a lot of La Teja on this page. They have four different restaurants that are all in the same place. Like a food court. If the food court was beautiful and open air with a view of the mountains.
I was really hoping for a frappachino from Cafe de Cafe. I had some work to do over lunch and frappachino usually motivates. But they weren't open yet. Schedules here are flexible. I was early, I got there at 11:45. I asked again for the frappachino at 12:30. Still wasnt ready to make a frozen coffee drink. Oh well, I guess I survived the day without my fancy coffee treat. I ordered food from Estancia. I ordered a plate of veggies and chicken cooked in soy sauce. Almost like Chinese food. Spanish rice. And a fresh salad. (very fresh, almost an earthy taste.) This wonderful meal also came with a tortilla. I wasn't too crazy about the tortilla but I ate part of it. Half way through lunch, I discovered what I thought was a sauteed onion cut to look like a star. I thought that was fairly creative and probably took a lot of work. Till I tasted it. Definitely not an onion. I wasn't even quite sure if it was a fruit or a veggie. I asked the waiter. He told me what it was and I was still confused. So I asked him to write it down. Carambola. According to wiki, its a star fruit. I was interested to see how wiki described it because I was at a lost. Apparently, so is wiki. They said the taste is almost incomparable but it was most like a cross between an apple, a pear, and a citrus fruit. I'm not sure I agree with that but I don't know how else to describe it. Except that it looks like a star.
All in all, it was a nice lunch. I got a little quiet time to appreciate the mountains and just be outside the wire for a bit. I also worked on my Bible class for last night. Enjoyable and productive lunch.

Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment