Thursday, March 24, 2011

Food in a bag

We like bags. Little plastic bags. Like sandwich bags, but not the ziploc kind. Here in La Palma, you can put anything into a bag. ANYTHING. soda is a popular thing to put into a bag. salsa, pasta, beans, cheese, bread, fruit. One time, I ordered food to go at Pollo Campero and they gave me a to go cup. They put the to go  cup in a plastic bag. I sorta looked at them with amusement like what am I supposed to do with this? Do I dump the soda into the bag? Do I drink the soda from the cup while still in the bag? Or do I take the cup out of the bag and pretend like the bag incident never happened? I tried the second option, felt foolish, and quickly got rid of the bag. Problem solved.

At school, they serve refreshments for the kids. My favorite is when they have fruit. I've been buying watermelon slices for 25 cents a piece, bag included. I love it. Its healthy and delicious and only costs a quarter. Can't beat that.

Sadly, our "lunch lady" is now working for a different school and the new lady doesn't have fruit. She has pupusas. I miss our other lunch lady. We were friends. Not just because of the watermelon, but I'm sure that helped the friendship blossom.

Happy Eating!
love, tree

No comments:

Post a Comment